advisory services & management consulting
In today’s world, traditional strategic growth and corporate development approaches are no longer enough to create value and manage potential transformational transactions. Companies today need agility, fresh thinking, and a high tolerance for disruption to seize market opportunities in areas where new business models are still being defined.
ForreraGroup combines hard work with new levels of creativity and forward thinking from a team of executive leaders who can advise, manage and consult on strategic initiatives to either organically grow, acquire, sell, integrate and transform small-to-mid market companies with annualized revenues up to $250 million.
We understand that what worked yesterday to transform an enterprise needs to evolve and adapt to an increasingly fast-paced and ever-evolving environment to succeed tomorrow.
For more than two decades, ForreraGroup partners have advised and led value creation initiatives for owners, corporate and private equity clients through business acquisitions, sell-side initiatives, a combination or separation. We also help clients plan joint ventures, alliances and other alternative structures.
We employ a proven performance improvement approach, leveraging powerful industry and functional knowledge to design, plan and deliver impactful cost and value enhancing programs. We identify specific areas to focus on within an organization to build the right capability so that sustainable improvements are produced.
We serve as an extension of PE and family office deal teams. ForreraGroup partners have over two decades of experience working across the investment landscape and bring fresh ideas and insights to deal teams and management. Through our Readiness Planning methodology, we assess and produce substantiated investment theses.
Our capitalization team has access to a global network of investor resources that enable us to advise clients with capital needs of any type, including angel, venture capital (VC), private equity, family office, bank packaging, government grant packaging, and government backed banking capital.
ForreraGroup can help drive organic growth by boosting marketing and sales strategies. We collaborate to bring customer, market, business environment and internal organization insights together to generate revenue and growth blueprints upon which our clients can build to execute commercially.
We provide experienced executives when and where you need them. We take the time to understand your company and find leadership solutions specifically geared to your needs. We can deploy C-level and senior leaders who can lead your company and navigate through the most complex challenges.
The Pine, Cedar, Redwood and Oak trees are known for their ability to withstand change, sequester carbon from the atmosphere, and endure drought, while providing a vital food source for humans, birds, insects and mammals. These trees are crucial to the planet.
They symbolize our methodology. Our engagements must be enduring. We foster a thriving relationship with our clients by taking the time to first learn about your company. We then design a plan to implement and manage a disciplined program. We feel a meticulous approach and investment in time puts us in position to help our clients realize the returns they seek.
The Pine, Cedar and Redwood represent the readiness planning phases, while the Oak phase represents the program management phase. These phases are applied in flexible ranges within each, ranging from days to a month, and expand and contract relative to the advisory services we are providing. Click through each phase below:
Discover & Evaluate
- Establish advisory objectives and begin to understand how the organization functions.
- Interview organization’s functional leaders to review the three key business metrics, including financial targets, market strategies, and operational objectives.
- Evaluate the business needs as they apply to the specific strategy.
- Set the foundation and prepare for implementing appropriate follow-on actions.
Solutions & Processes
- Dive deeper into the business.
- Assess the market.
- Use industry insights and access to market and deal analytics to provide feedback and data on current industry competitive factors, multiples and valuation methods, if applicable.
- Assess the market position by analyzing past, current and future trending financial position.
- Advance our knowledge relative to team, assets, liabilities, profitability, cash flow, customer portfolio, sales pipeline and more to determine strengths and weaknesses.
- Begin to shape implementation.
- Consider brand factors such as recognition, market reputation, market niche, customer relationships, operational and production systems, management, personnel, distribution channels and other elements.
- Shape the story for corporate development or growth strategy initiatives in the most positive light, compelling target audiences to act.
- Use insight gained to emphasize strengths and, in the case of corporate development initiatives, defend future earnings potential.
- Implement plan to achieve ultimate success.
- Marketing materials developed for the intended growth or corporate development audience.
- In case of corporate development sell-side, information memorandum has been developed. Includes transaction negotiation and structure, serving as professional intermediary, to increase odds of deal closing that is priced and structured right.
- In the case of growth strategy initiatives, employ go-to-market strategy designed to deliver against revenue and profit objectives.